Developing amazing applications isn't the same as testing them, but as an experienced QA Tester, I would rather have a developers testing application than the testers who can just plainly submit bug reports. QA team needs to build quality into software development life cycle. The bug in software design is fifteen times cheaper to fix than a bug in code. QA productivity is really hard to measure. If QA team is doing testing right, everything just happens smoothly, but if the testers mess up even a little, everyone knows about it.
To be successful, QA teams must create test plans, create test harnesses, create test cases and use testing tools. QA should ensure whether the application code is effectively delivering on the business requirements provided. The developers should unit test their own code and deliver "perfectly good code", while QA testers should deliver "code that actually addresses business needs". For a company that makes software applications, a rock-solid QA department is absolutely irreplaceable.
How Google Tests Software book presents diverse insight into Google approaches and methodologies for software testing Google. Engineering Director James Whittaker and two Google testing experts have teamed up to outline best practices for testing and delivering software at scale based on personal trails and errors in Google.
The authors describe the life of Software Engineers in Test and Test Engineers at Google and how the company blends development and testing together. The book will explain the benefits of breaking down types of testing into three broad categories that include both manual and automated testing and how the selection of manual or automated testing depends on what is being tested. The reader would get a solid foundation for making decision about proper testing infrastructure, timely code reviews, organizing staging environments, deploying software with continuous builds and configuring production monitoring.
Book Details:Title: How Google Tests Software
Authors: James A. Whittaker, Jason Arbon, Jeff Carollo
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
ISBN 10: 032180302717401
Print ISBN 13: 978-0321803023
Related books reviews and recommendations
- Best Software Testing books - review of popular Software Testing books
The best idea would be to practice answering the questions from the book on your own. In addition to polishing verbal questions, be ready to actually show how to use Selenium on machine or write the code. It could be enough for beginner tester to show how to record script with Selenium-IDE and resolve issues exposed when play-back doesn’t exactly do what the recodrding identified, but QA Tester with 2 years of experience should be ready to write the code in Selenese, Java, Python, PHP on the whiteboard. The ideal candidate should be able launch a Selenium-RC or WebDriver project, develop a test script, commit the code to the version control system, and successfully add the script to preexisting continuous integration server.
Last thing to remember, don’t limit your interview preparation to Selenium only. All Selenium interviews for tester position will include common software quality assurance interview questions, and the interviewer will ask the QA tester about programming languages, technologies, frameworks listed in the testers resume.
Common QA Tester interview questions
- SQA interview question 1 - Can you tell me about yourself?
- Tester interview question 2 - What did you do as QA Tester in your last project?
- SQA interview question 3 - What is the process of SQA testing in the company where you worked for the last time?
- SQA interview question 4 - How do you figure out what to test in an application?
- SQA interview question 5 - How does a good QA resume sample look like?
- SQA interview question 6 - What is a Test Plan? What does Test Plan include?
- SQA interview question 7 - What is a Test Case? What does Test Case include?
- SQA interview question 8 - What is Test Strategy?
- Tester interview question 9 - What is the best strategy for API testing?
- SQA interview question 10 - Java interview questions for QA Tester?
- SQA interview question 11 - When did you test last time?
- SQA interview question 12 - What do QA Testers do?
- Tester interview question 13 - Programming language skills and QA testers?
- SQA interview question 14 - How would you test a vending machine?
- QA Tester interview question 15 - How to become a better Software QA Tester?
- SQA interview question 16 - QA Tester resume spelling errors could cost you a job interview?
- SQA interview question 17 - Would you hire an unskilled software QA Tester?
- SQA interview question 18 - What is test strategy?
- Tester interview question 19 - Evaluating Agile testing tool ?
- SQA interview question 20 - How to name QA Tester resume?
- Tester interview question 21 - What is pairwise testing?
- SQA interview question 22 - QA training and QA certification
- SQA interview question 23 - Sample QA Resume review
- Tester interview question 24 - Phone interview questions for QA testers
- Tester interview question 25 - Manual Testing interview questions?
- Tester interview question 26 - QA and Testing Certifications?
- Tester interview question 27 - How to test without requirments or specifications?
- Tester interview question 28 - Selenium 2 interview questions
- Tester interview question 29 - How to interview Quality Assurance Tester?
- SQA interview question 30 - Best Mobile Testing Interview Questions
- SQA interview question 31 - Amazon Silk Testing?
- SQA interview question 32 - What is security testing?
- Test automation interview question 33 - Selenium Interview Questions
- SQA interview question 34 - How Google Test Software?
- SQA interview question 35 - QA Manager Interview Questions