What do QA testers do within company and how do Test Engineers fit into business, development and release processes? It may sound like a tricky tester interview question, but the answer will play a crucial role in whether or not QA Tester are hired. The developers usually think that testers job is straightforward and simple: testers have to annoy developers and break the applications. The developers also think that good testers is the one who can find a bugs, who can think like end user, but is it really true? The good tester is the one who can prevent a bugs and can think as business analysts, software architect, CEO, end user, network engineer and average user.
QA Tester should participate in the following tasks: develop a test strategy and test plan according to the functional specification of the product or even without specifications, prevent and find bugs in the product, test the the application and report issues back to management and developers and finally sign up the application for production.
In general the process may look like this. When the business analysts team feels that the requirements specifications are complete, it is given to the QA Testers team so they can review them and start working on test plans. In the same time they could review requirements and suggest some improvements. As soon as according to the project plan the developers have software specifications and a relatively stable application, it should be deployed and QA team can start working with the application, start finding and reporting bugs. After that developers will work on resolving issues and providing a new software build, while QA would verify that bugs are fixed or will be postponed for the future releases. Finally QA team will sign the project for the production release.
Depending of organization a tester's role tends to vary slightly with the nature of the software development process adopted. The waterfall projects tend to involve QA testers developing test plans, designing test cases and clarifying requirements during that process, executing them manually or with test automation tools. The agile projects are increasingly causing a mix between the responsibilities of QA Engineer and software developer, emphasizing testing from the perspective of customers who will utilize the system. Agile Testing focuses on testing iteratively against newly developed code until quality is achieved from an end customer's perspective. In other words, the emphasis is shifted from testers to something more like entire project team working toward demonstrable quality.
Tester interview questions and answers are completely based on the interview I and my friends attended during last years of working experience as Quality Assurance Testers. These SQA questions and scenarios are based only on real experience and were asked during actual QA interviews. Therefore, QA Tester who is looking for a Quality Assurance job will greatly benefit from this. If you are the first time job seeker as a QA Tester, then it can help you even better. Finally, if you are plant to attend an interview, you have to know these questions and answers by heart and must be very smooth in answering these questions. Practice in front of the friends or just a mirror, speak loud and clear. Most of the time, when you study the questions, you feel fine and feel relaxed, but the reality is, at the time of the actual interview, even though you feel you have the knowledge, cannot express it well. It may sound a little rough, but this is everyone’s hard experience. When you come out the interview door, you are deeply regretted. If you cannot remember these by heart, believe me, it may not work. Readers are welcome to post own questions and answers to the following SQA interview questions.
Common QA Tester interview questions
- SQA interview question 1 - Can you tell me about yourself?
- Tester interview question 2 - What did you do as QA Tester in your last project?
- SQA interview question 3 - What is the process of SQA testing in the company where you worked for the last time?
- SQA interview question 4 - How do you figure out what to test in an application?
- SQA interview question 5 - How does a good QA resume sample look like?
- SQA interview question 6 - What is a Test Plan? What does Test Plan include?
- SQA interview question 7 - What is a Test Case? What does Test Case include?
- SQA interview question 8 - What is Test Strategy?
- Tester interview question 9 - What is the best strategy for API testing?
- SQA interview question 10 - Java interview questions for QA Tester?
- SQA interview question 11 - When did you test last time?
- SQA interview question 12 - What do QA Testers do?
- Tester interview question 13 - Programming language skills and QA testers?
- SQA interview question 14 - How would you test a vending machine?
- QA Tester interview question 15 - How to become a better Software QA Tester?
- SQA interview question 16 - QA Tester resume spelling errors could cost you a job interview?
- SQA interview question 17 - Would you hire an unskilled software QA Tester?
- SQA interview question 18 - What is test strategy?
- Tester interview question 19 - Evaluating Agile testing tool ?
- SQA interview question 20 - How to name QA Tester resume?
- Tester interview question 21 - What is pairwise testing?
- SQA interview question 22 - QA training and QA certification
- SQA interview question 23 - Sample QA Resume review
- Tester interview question 24 - Phone interview questions for QA testers
- Tester interview question 25 - Manual Testing interview questions?
- Tester interview question 26 - QA and Testing Certifications?
- Tester interview question 27 - How to test without requirments or specifications?
- Tester interview question 28 - Selenium 2 interview questions
- Tester interview question 29 - How to interview Quality Assurance Tester?
- SQA interview question 30 - Best Mobile Testing Interview Questions
- SQA interview question 31 - Amazon Silk Testing?
- SQA interview question 32 - What is security testing?
- Test automation interview question 33 - Selenium Interview Questions
- SQA interview question 34 - How Google Test Software?
- SQA interview question 35 - QA Manager Interview Questions