Pairwise testing or all-pairs testing is a widely popular and an efficient substitute to testing all possible combinations of a set of variables. Pairwise testing is a black box testing? technique in which test cases are designed by QA Tester to control the combinatorial explosion of independent test options.
For example, if Quality Assurance tester works on browser compatibility testing of web based application, there are could be several different software configuration, each with certain number of options. The application under test should run properly, regardless of browser types and versions, operating system types and version, but will it? If there are just five factors, each with a ten options, the tester have to deal with ten times ten times ten times ten times ten times - or 100,000 - distinct testing configurations.
Theoretically, in pairwise testing QA tester should make sure that each option is corresponded to at least one test configuration, that each possible pair of options is corresponded to at least one test configuration, and that each option and pair of options is represented about equally as a percentage of the total configurations.
There are two main models for pairwise testing. One model is called an orthogonal array table . The other model is called an all-pairs table. The tables, read row-wise, will tell the tester which particular options to include in a given test scenario. In case of the all-pairs table, the tables are created directly or in the case of the orthogonal array by mapping the test problem to be solved onto an existing table. By their nature, the tables are guaranteed to have all existing options for every factor at least once, and every pair of options across all pairs of factors. The each row in table represented in at least one test. By doing so, the tester will have tested every option for every factor at least once and every pair of options across all pairs of factors at least one time.
The bug assumption is that this level of coverage will be adequate. In other words, if there are going to be issues with options, most of those issues will happen either with a single instance of an option or with a given pair of options.
Tester interview questions and answers are completely based on the interview I and my friends attended during last years of working experience as Quality Assurance Testers. These SQA questions and scenarios are based only on real experience and were asked during actual QA interviews. Therefore, QA Tester who is looking for a Quality Assurance job will greatly benefit from this. If you are the first time job seeker as a QA Tester, then it can help you even better. Finally, if you are plant to attend an interview, you have to know these questions and answers by heart and must be very smooth in answering these questions. Practice in front of the friends or just a mirror, speak loud and clear. Most of the time, when you study the questions, you feel fine and feel relaxed, but the reality is, at the time of the actual interview, even though you feel you have the knowledge, cannot express it well. It may sound a little rough, but this is everyone’s hard experience. When you come out the interview door, you are deeply regretted. If you cannot remember these by heart, believe me, it may not work. Readers are welcome to post own questions and answers to the following SQA interview questions.
Common QA Tester interview questions
- SQA interview question 1 - Can you tell me about yourself?
- Tester interview question 2 - What did you do as QA Tester in your last project?
- SQA interview question 3 - What is the process of SQA testing in the company where you worked for the last time?
- SQA interview question 4 - How do you figure out what to test in an application?
- SQA interview question 5 - How does a good QA resume sample look like?
- SQA interview question 6 - What is a Test Plan? What does Test Plan include?
- SQA interview question 7 - What is a Test Case? What does Test Case include?
- SQA interview question 8 - What is Test Strategy?
- Tester interview question 9 - What is the best strategy for API testing?
- SQA interview question 10 - Java interview questions for QA Tester?
- SQA interview question 11 - When did you test last time?
- SQA interview question 12 - What do QA Testers do?
- Tester interview question 13 - Programming language skills and QA testers?
- SQA interview question 14 - How would you test a vending machine?
- QA Tester interview question 15 - How to become a better Software QA Tester?
- SQA interview question 16 - QA Tester resume spelling errors could cost you a job interview?
- SQA interview question 17 - Would you hire an unskilled software QA Tester?
- SQA interview question 18 - What is test strategy?
- Tester interview question 19 - Evaluating Agile testing tool ?
- SQA interview question 20 - How to name QA Tester resume?
- Tester interview question 21 - What is pairwise testing?
- SQA interview question 22 - QA training and QA certification
- SQA interview question 23 - Sample QA Resume review
- Tester interview question 24 - Phone interview questions for QA testers
- Tester interview question 25 - Manual Testing interview questions?
- Tester interview question 26 - QA and Testing Certifications?
- Tester interview question 27 - How to test without requirments or specifications?
- Tester interview question 28 - Selenium 2 interview questions
- Tester interview question 29 - How to interview Quality Assurance Tester?
- SQA interview question 30 - Best Mobile Testing Interview Questions
- SQA interview question 31 - Amazon Silk Testing?
- SQA interview question 32 - What is security testing?
- Test automation interview question 33 - Selenium Interview Questions
- SQA interview question 34 - How Google Test Software?
- SQA interview question 35 - QA Manager Interview Questions