General SQA interview questions - through these not very tricky test interview questions QA Manager can get an idea about how seasoned a candidate is
- What's the difference between black box testing and white box testing?
- When and how you report an issue, what information to you include?
- Do you have any formal QA training?
- Have you used continuous integrations tools?
- What is an pairwise testing?
Unix and Linux QA interview questions - if testers have Unix or Linux on their resume, they should probably encountered with this problems on a daily basis or at least know where to get an answer.
- How do you list files in a directory ?
- How do you find out all processes that are currently running?
- How could I transfer a file from Windows machine to a Linux machine
- If you don't know how to do one of the above tasks, how would you find out?
SQL interview questions for testers - set of pretty lightweight questions for tester who has MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL on any other database in resume.
- There is a tools table with columns, id, name, evaluation, training, certification
- How do you select all records from the database table?
- Create SQL statement to select all records named “Selenium”?
- How do you find all records with name “Selenium, SilkTest or Sahi”?
By the end of the phone interview, QA Manager should have a clear picture of the candidate for QA Engineer position, the accuracy of QA Resume, and most importantly whether it's worth calling the candidate into the office for a face-to-face interview with the team.